We all strive to be the best, and business owners know better then anyone that to be the best they have to excel in every accept. One great idea can’t hang with no lack of experience, start up cash, or business sense. Success isn’t reliant on what one person can accomplish on their own, but how they use the tools, resources, and life experiences around them. That being said there are so many elements to digital marketing and so many ways to use it within a business. Here is a little survey you can take to see where you fall in the line with your Digital Marketing knowledge.
- Zero (0): ”I’ve never done this before.”
- One (1): ”I’ve done this, but I have only a cursory knowledge.”
- Two (2): ”I am at least average at this skill.”
- Three (3) ”I am an expert at this.”
Part I: Online Marketing Channels
- AdWords and Bing
- Google Display Network
- Product Listing Ads
- Facebook Advertising
- Twitter Advertising
- LinkedIn Advertising (Premium or Self-Serve)
- Programmatic Display Advertising
- Dynamic Retargeting
- Web-Based Retargeting
- First-Party Data Retargeting (LiveRamp, WCA)
Other Online Channels
- Mobile Networks and In-App Networks
- Email Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Comparison Shopping Engines
- Contextual Networks (examples: Adknowledge, InfoLinks, Admarketplace)
- International Advertising
- YouTube or Video Advertising
Content and SEO
- Earned Social Media
- Owned Social Media
- Native Advertising
Part II: Online Marketing Skills
- Landing Page Optimization
- User Experience Testing/Focus Groups
- App or Web Development
- Media Mix Modeling
- Lead Gen
- Web Analytics
- Mobile Analytics (e.g. SDKs and in-app behavior)
Part III: Online Marketing Technology
- Tag Management
- Facebook PMDs
- SEM Campaign Management Software
- SEO Analytics
- Social Listening Tools
- Phone Tracking Software
- Business Intelligence
- Marketing Automation
Okay, now tally up your points and see where you’re at! The maximum score would be 135 points. Here’s a gage of what your score could mean:
- Less than 20 points: You are an online marketing neophyte. Your talent and knowledge has given your business or idea a great start. Now, it’s time to see how digital marketing can bring in some serious results.
- 20 to 40 points: You are an online marketing beginner. You’ve been exposed to the world of online marketing, but you need to become more well-rounded for your company to succeed and compete with the competition.
- 40 to 60 points: You are an online marketing professional. Your company is benefitting from your broad-based expertise. Are you ready to take it to the next level?
- 60 to 80 points: You are an online marketing expert. You see the forest through the trees and fuse tactics and strategy to not only drive results today, but plan for the future. Where do you want to go in the future?
- 80 to 100 points: You are an online marketing ninja! Congratulations, you have somehow developed expertise in many, many areas of online marketing. Do you see the results of your hard work?
- More than 100 points: You are the online marketing guru. You are online marketing, and online marketing is you.
So, any room for improvement? Hopefully this survey was eye opening and can help you to break down the digital world really seeing where you have room to increase in knowledge. Remember, we are always here to help. We work with our clients on a one-on-one basis. Each business starts at a different level, we are here to help you get to the next one!
Contact us if you would like help with your digital marketing efforts! Click Here