- SEO – what is it and how should you implement it in through-out your website?
- SEM – what is it, how is it different then SEO, and are you already doing it?
- BLOGGING – so you have a WordPress account now what do you write about and how often?
SEO is an acronym that stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is defined as the process of affecting the visibility of a website in a search engines “natural” or un-paid (organic) search results. SEO is important because a general rule of thumb is that the more frequently a site appears in search results, the more visitors the website will receive which in turns leads to more conversions = profit!
SEO targets different kinds of search such as, image search, local search, video search, academic search, and news search. It considers how search engines work, what people search for, the actual search terms or keywords typed into search engines and which search engines are preferred by their targeted audience. Optimizing a website may involve editing its content, HTML and associated coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activitiesof search engines. Promoting a site to increase the number of backlinks, or inbound links (meaning other websites link back to your site) is another SEO tactic.
The following links are three excellent keyword research tools for 2014. Some are free while others are subscription based, but most offer a 30 day free trial for you to test them out before subscribing.
- SEM – what is it, how is it different then SEO, and are you already doing it? Visit Page
- BLOGGING – so you have a WordPress account why should you blog? Visit Page